The case that’s set to expand the marriage breakdown rollover relief and the impending relaxation of company loss recoupment tests.
Join the Knowledge Shop team for all this and more.
Look out for Knowledge Shop's adviser Budget update out on Wednesday 10 May 2017. Not getting our emails? Just resubscribe.
Members can download the full May 2017 Tax Round Up from the member-only website. To see what Knowledge Shop membership offers, call Julie on 1800 800 232 or take a tour online.
Join Bradley Beer (CEO, BMT Tax Depreciation), Michael Carruthers (Tax Director, Knowledge Shop), Rae Ni Corraidh (Tax Adviser, Knowledge Shop), and Lisa Armstrong (MD, Knowledge Shop) for just the juicy bits of change for accountants and advisers:
- The impending relaxation of the company loss recoupment tests - introduction of a ‘similar business test’ to operate alongside the existing same business test
- Introduction of self-assessment of the effective life of certain intangible depreciating assets
- Tax office targets lump sum inducements made to medical practitioners from healthcare centres
- The case that’s set to expand the marriage breakdown rollover relief, and
- Who is taxed on interest income? The ATOs new guidance for joint bank accounts and accounts operated on behalf of children
Reduce your risk, maintain compliance and maximise deductions with
“BMT are an extremely professional organisation that does a superb job through every step of the process. I happily use BMT myself, and also recommend them to many clients.”