Retrospective changes to the company tax rate rules, TBAR: SMSF event based reporting now live, and clarity on rental property travel and depreciation deductions.
Join the Knowledge Shop team for all this and more.
Join Michael Carruthers (Tax Director, Knowledge Shop), Ray Itaoui (Director, Hayes Knight), and Lisa Armstrong (MD, Knowledge Shop),for just the juicy bits of change for accountants and advisers:
- Retrospective changes to company tax rate rules - A new exposure draft seeks to retrospectively restrict access to the reduced company tax rate.
- SMSF Event based reporting – the implications and operation of the recently released Transfer Balance Account report (TBAR)
- Housing affordability measures:
- Access to and implications of the increased CGT discount for investors in affordable housing
- The headache yet to come from the limitations to rental property depreciation deductions
- Who can and cannot claim travel expenses related to residential rental properties